Looking for more competitive auto insurance rates in Doral, FL? Pricey auto insurance in Doral can dry up your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is a great way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
Sadly, 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Florida insurance shoppers could save an average of up to $1,100 each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
With so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for drivers to locate a more affordable auto insurance provider.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Doral is actually quite simple. Just about everyone who is shopping for insurance most likely will be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, Florida drivers must know the way insurance companies price online insurance.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including driver ages, how much education you have, how much coverage you want, and whether you have decent credit. The rating information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes very quickly.
To find lower rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Doral, FL. To get the best auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$1,002||$501||$84|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,348||$674||$112|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,596||$798||$133|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$984||$492||$82|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,080||$540||$90|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,212||$606||$101|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$1,226||$613||$102|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,906||$953||$159|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,890||$945||$158|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,162||$581||$97|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,738||$869||$145|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in Doral location which can revise premium rates considerably.
Where to set your deductibles
One of the most common auto insurance questions is which deductible level should you buy. The following insurance rates can help you visualize the differences in premium rates of buying low and high coverage deductibles. The first table uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second price grid uses a $1,000 deductible.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$322||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,359||$113|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$364||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,401||$117|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$364||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,401||$117|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$364||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,499||$125|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$364||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,499||$125|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$364||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,499||$125|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$364||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,499||$125|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$200||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,046||$87|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$224||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,070||$89|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$224||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,070||$89|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$224||$342||$418||$24||$124||$1,132||$94|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$224||$342||$418||$24||$124||$1,132||$94|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$224||$342||$418||$24||$124||$1,132||$94|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$224||$342||$418||$24||$124||$1,132||$94|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in Doral location which can revise insurance rates substantially.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $250 deductible costs roughly $29 more each month or $348 a year than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $750 more if you file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you have at a minimum 26 months between claim filings, you would more than likely save some money if you decide on a higher deductible. The numbers below show how we made this calculation.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$121|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $92|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$29|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $29|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||26 months|
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below illustrates the difference between Honda Accord insurance rates with and without full coverage. Data assumes no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Honda Accord book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Florida is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower the price of insurance with these tips
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
Younger drivers pay higher premiums - Teen drivers in Florida are known to be inattentive with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
How much liability coverage do you need? - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Performance impacts insurance costs - The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Traffic violations will cost you - Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Even a single speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten serious citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Your address can affect costs - Living in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when talking about insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims
Take policy discounts and save on insurance
Some companies do not list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having several vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance on a new car can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, teen driver, driver training, student driver, and early bird.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, air bags, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and defensive driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
If you want low cost Doral auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To locate companies that offer the discounts shown above in Florida, follow this link.
Comparing rates from local Doral insurance agencies
Many drivers would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Doral who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the price. Any good agent in Doral should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How long has their agency been in business in Doral?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Cover all your bases
We covered some good ideas how to compare insurance car insurance rates in Doral. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding cheap Doral auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper insurance in Doral is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Doral agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Much more information about insurance in Florida can be found on the following sites:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Brandon, Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Florida Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Florida Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Florida? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)