Want a free price quotes on more affordable car insurance rates in Weston, FL? Weston consumers have options when looking for affordable car insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so you're going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used and get the best price possible from Weston insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates on a regular basis because car insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best rate on car insurance on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to find out the best way to buy cheaper car insurance.
Companies offering affordable prices in Florida
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Florida. To locate cheap car insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,570||$785||$131|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,288||$644||$107|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,056||$528||$88|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$1,394||$697||$116|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,194||$597||$100|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,938||$969||$162|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,750||$875||$146|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can alter insurance rates considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive formula to delete comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Ram replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Five things that affect your prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine car insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
The items below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs - Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by improving your rating.
- Liability coverage - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Attentive drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- Adjust physical damage deductibles and save - Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you're not getting every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Government Employees - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Weston car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
- Mature Driver Discount - Seniors may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Resident Student - College-age children who are attending college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to spy on when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, and good driver.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good driver, multiple policy, driver's education, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for type of vehicle, anti-theft, ease of repair, annual mileage, and location of vehicle.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include good student, homeowners, defensive driver, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- Allstate discounts include anti-theft, defensive driver, eSmart discount, good payer, 55 and retired, utility vehicle, and safe driver.
If you want affordable Weston car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Weston.
Buying car insurance from Weston insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Weston that can give you free Weston car insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Weston?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Weston can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can provide car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand how they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can write business amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
After you get positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance.
Don't believe everything you hear
Florida drivers can't get away from all the ads that promise big savings for switching by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies advertise claims about savings if you move to their company.
How can each company cost less than your current company? This is the way they can do it.
Many companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, a desirable risk could possibly be married and over the age of 30, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A customer who matches that profile will probably get cheap premium rates and will most likely save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who do not meet the "perfect" profile must pay higher premium rates and ends up with the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those statements. Because of the profiling, drivers must compare rate quotes every year. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will provide you with the cheapest insurance in Weston.
Affordable car insurance rates are possible
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce car insurance prices online in Weston. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Weston can be purchased from both online companies and with local Weston insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Miami Gardens, FL? (FAQ)
- How Much is Florida Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Students in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Florida Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)