Searching for budget Orlando Dodge Ram insurance quotes online can appear to be impossible for drivers not familiar with comparison shopping on the internet. With so many agents and insurance companies available, how are drivers able to possibly compare every car insurance company to find the cheapest available price?
It's astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Orlando insurance shoppers could save themselves 55% a year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates online.
It's a good idea to compare premium rates before your policy renews since insurance prices change regularly. If you had the best rates on Dodge Ram insurance in Orlando a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the things you must know in order to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Lower rates by qualifying for these six discounts
Some insurers don't always advertise every policy discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Sign Online - Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- College Student - Older children who live away from home at college and don't have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting car insurance coverage on a new Ram is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
Consumers should know that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer online Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Florida, click here to view.
All major auto insurance companies allow you to get pricing directly from their websites. Comparing Dodge Ram insurance rates online is fairly simple as you simply type in your required coverages on the page. When complete, the quote system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on many factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Orlando, FL. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$182||$258||$486||$28||$146||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$194||$334||$532||$32||$160||$1,252||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$280||$450||$444||$26||$132||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$224||$342||$472||$28||$142||$1,208||$101|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$254||$452||$532||$32||$160||$1,430||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$286||$430||$480||$28||$144||$1,368||$114|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$218||$334||$480||$28||$144||$1,204||$100|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$194||$334||$494||$30||$148||$1,200||$100|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$404||$668||$636||$38||$190||$1,936||$161|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$348||$634||$444||$26||$132||$1,584||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$322||$594||$570||$34||$170||$1,690||$141|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$192||$334||$444||$26||$132||$1,128||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$348||$628||$532||$32||$160||$1,700||$142|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$284||$532||$532||$32||$160||$1,540||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$254||$428||$444||$26||$132||$1,284||$107|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$322||$594||$570||$34||$170||$1,690||$141|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$434||$864||$612||$36||$184||$2,130||$178|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$348||$628||$532||$32||$160||$1,700||$142|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$286||$464||$618||$36||$184||$1,588||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$514||$880||$618||$36||$184||$2,232||$186|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in zip code location which can influence coverage prices substantially.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Ram insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Dodge Ram insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different and your insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Buying auto insurance from Orlando insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is still important in Orlando.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Orlando that can give you free Orlando auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Orlando?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How long has the business existed?
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram in Orlando, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ram has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Ram in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, pain medications, dental work and prosthetic devices. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, hail damage, a broken windshield and falling objects. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Dodge Ram.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (10/20/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 10/20/10 that means you have $10,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $20,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, bail bonds, court costs and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Florida requires drivers to carry at least 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Dodge Ram insurance premium rates online in Orlando. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Orlando auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Coral Springs, FL? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey in Florida? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)