Are you doing reasearch to find the cheapest car insurance rates in Orlando, FL? Orlando consumers have options when looking for the lowest priced Ford Edge insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages on a Ford and get the best price possible.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount very clearly, so the below list has both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Paperless Signup - Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Orlando auto insurance digitally online.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers can get a slight reduction on a Orlando auto insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Early Switch Discount - Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy early. You may see this discount when you get Orlando auto insurance quotes online.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Orlando, click here.
Compare Orlando Ford Edge insurance rate quotes online
All major auto insurance companies allow you to get pricing from their websites. Getting quotes for Ford Edge insurance in Orlando is fairly simple because it's just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their quoting system sends out for credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Ford Edge insurance in Orlando simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find a lower rate.
To compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Florida. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Orlando, FL, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$260||$360||$546||$32||$164||$1,362||$114|
|Edge SE AWD||$276||$624||$504||$30||$152||$1,586||$132|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$192||$420||$564||$34||$168||$1,378||$115|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$240||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,312||$109|
|Edge SEL AWD||$150||$334||$472||$28||$142||$1,126||$94|
|Edge Limited AWD||$278||$660||$472||$28||$142||$1,580||$132|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$154||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,022||$85|
|Edge Sport AWD||$200||$402||$418||$24||$124||$1,168||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in garaging location in Orlando which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents can influence Ford Edge annual premium costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Ford Edge?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Florida?
- Is my Ford Edge covered for smoke damage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Orlando.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to companies in Orlando that can provide free Orlando auto insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Orlando for you
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Orlando can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. If you need lower rates, you will want to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Brightway Insurance, The Ourso Agency
4100 Edgewater Dr - Orlando, FL 32804 - (407) 901-0040 - View Map
- The Perry Group Inc - Aflac Insurance Agent
1650 W Sand Lake Rd #201 - Orlando, FL 32809 - (407) 438-8180 - View Map
- JCJ Insurance Agency LLC
2208 Hillcrest St - Orlando, FL 32803 - (321) 445-1117 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Orlando who can help you get price quote information.
- Andy Phillips - State Farm Insurance Agent
7608 W Sand Lake Rd - Orlando, FL 32819 - (407) 354-1320 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5005 E Colonial Dr - Orlando, FL 32803 - (407) 897-7157 - View Map
- Justin Bauknight - State Farm Insurance Agent
2507 Curry Ford Rd - Orlando, FL 32806 - (407) 898-2041 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Orlando?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
After you get positive responses to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy.
You can lower your insurance rates
We just showed you many tips how you can compare Ford Edge insurance rates in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. They may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
While you're price shopping online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed insurance information is located at these sites:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Palm Bay, FL? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Florida? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)