Would you like to buy more affordable insurance rates in Hialeah, FL? Shopping for budget-priced quotes online can appear to be somewhat difficult for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and shopping for insurance on the internet. When there are so many companies, how are drivers expected to possibly compare every possible option in order to find the cheapest available price?
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in the U.S. could pocket almost $860 a year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Buying more affordable auto insurance in Hialeah is quite easy. Practically every person who shops around for auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to save money. But Florida car owners need to have an understanding of how companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Price influencing factors
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get better insurance rates.
The following are a few of the "ingredients" utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
What are your comp and collision deductibles? - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Youthful drivers are expensive to insure - Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. If you've ever had to add a beginning driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Better drivers pay better premiums - Having just one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. People who have careless violations such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
Being married reduces risk - Having a wife or husband actually saves money when shopping for insurance. Marriage usually means you are more stable financially and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
File a insurance claims and pay more - Companies in Florida award most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better premiums - Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your car is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most of the larger companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details such as whether you have decent credit, if the car is leased, if you have a valid license, and if a SR-22 is needed. Your details is instantly sent to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates quickly.
To find lower rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Hialeah.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Hialeah, FL. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Hialeah, FL, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$1,688||$844||$141|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$856||$428||$71|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,090||$545||$91|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$1,390||$695||$116|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,746||$873||$146|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$892||$446||$74|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,508||$754||$126|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,382||$691||$115|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,520||$760||$127|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,338||$669||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise insurance rates considerably.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of insurance prices for male and female drivers in Hialeah. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a GMC Acadia SLT.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you raise deductibles?
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Nissan Sentra premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of auto insurance, paying for auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap Hialeah car insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Hialeah car insurance online.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a safe driver course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Paper-free Discount - Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- No Claims - Hialeah drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Life Insurance - Larger companies have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Hialeah car insurance with certain companies.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic. But all discounts should definitely cut your premiums.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, multiple policy, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and driver training.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, driver training, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts including homeowner, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To find insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Hialeah, click here.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Hialeah.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Hialeah that can provide free Hialeah car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a local agent, you should know the different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Hialeah can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Hialeah who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- G-Mar Insurance
8200 W 33rd Ave - Hialeah, FL 33018 - (305) 267-4541 - View Map
- Carrera Insurance
355 E 49th St - Hialeah, FL 33013 - (305) 557-2886 - View Map
- Emmanuel and Associates Insurance | Workers Comp Insurance
2370 E 8th Ave - Hialeah, FL 33013 - (305) 693-0003 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Hialeah willing to provide rate quotes.
- Progressive Economy Auto Insurance
1800 W 68th St #130 - Hialeah, FL 33014 - (305) 820-7007 - View Map
- Jim Cavanaugh - State Farm Insurance Agent
8090 W 21st Ct - Hialeah, FL 33016 - (305) 823-7820 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Fredis Trujillo
6826 NW 169th St - Hialeah, FL 33015 - (305) 556-1010 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Hialeah?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has the business existed?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Smart shoppers get results
As you quote Hialeah car insurance, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to compare insurance prices in Hialeah. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheap Hialeah car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Much more information about insurance in Florida can be found at the links below
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Brandon, Florida? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Florida? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in West Palm Beach, Florida? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)