How long has it been since you compared quotes for the cheapest Dodge Ram insurance in Tampa? Did you come to the realization that you have an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, there are lots of people in the same boat.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never quoted insurance rates at all. Drivers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
Lots of insurers contend for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
It's important to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best deal on Dodge Ram insurance in Tampa six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Ram insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the easiest ways to find affordable insurance in Tampa.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying the cheapest insurance in Tampa can be easy if you know a few tricks. Nevertheless, Florida vehicle owners benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium.
To find low cost prices, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from different companies. The best method to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional assistance of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Florida. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Florida, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$298||$360||$618||$36||$184||$1,496||$125|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$348||$636||$494||$30||$148||$1,656||$138|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$194||$352||$532||$32||$160||$1,270||$106|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$312||$538||$444||$26||$132||$1,452||$121|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$312||$560||$532||$32||$160||$1,596||$133|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$296||$438||$472||$28||$142||$1,376||$115|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$312||$538||$444||$26||$132||$1,452||$121|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$404||$668||$636||$38||$190||$1,936||$161|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$312||$532||$532||$32||$160||$1,568||$131|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$320||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$442||$878||$570||$34||$170||$2,094||$175|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$368||$588||$486||$28||$146||$1,616||$135|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$348||$628||$494||$30||$148||$1,648||$137|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$388||$748||$532||$32||$160||$1,860||$155|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$330||$516||$472||$28||$142||$1,488||$124|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$196||$342||$452||$26||$136||$1,152||$96|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$388||$786||$532||$32||$160||$1,898||$158|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$452||$764||$472||$28||$142||$1,858||$155|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$388||$862||$532||$32||$160||$1,974||$165|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$216||$454||$532||$32||$160||$1,394||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Tampa which can revise insurance rates greatly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accidents influence Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Tampa, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your Dodge Ram and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
The ad said I'd save $434 a year!
Respected companies like Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads try to convey promises that drivers will save a bundle just by switching your policy. Is it even possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? It's all in the words they use.
Different companies give the best rates for a prospective insured that will be a good risk. A good example of a profitable insured might be over the age of 50, has other policies, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any person who fits those characteristics gets the lowest rates and will probably save a lot on Tampa Dodge Ram insurance if they switch.
Potential customers who may not quite match those standards may receive more expensive rates and this results in the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much. That's why companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. This really illustrates why drivers should compare price quotes frequently. You cannot predict the company that will have the best Dodge Ram insurance in Tampa.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Dodge Ram insurance in Tampa
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow driving data collection to study where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a new policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Ram insurance.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in Tampa, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
A lot of people just want to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any good agent in Tampa should know the answers to these questions.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
If you want a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Tampa exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are Tampa independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
In the end, you can save money
As you quote Tampa auto insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Tampa. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Florida Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Felons in Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Hialeah, Florida? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)