Having to pay for expensive Ford Focus insurance in Orlando can draw down your checking account and force you to make tough financial choices.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Orlando insurance shoppers could save $1,126 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
With drivers having so many insurance companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Ford Focus in Orlando, it can be diffult for people to find the lowest price company.
It's a good habit to do price comparisons periodically because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on Ford Focus insurance in Orlando at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. There is too much inaccurate information about Focus insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some excellent ideas to find cheap car insurance in Orlando.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Orlando is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Essentially each driver who is overpaying for car insurance stands a good chance to be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, Florida drivers must know the methods companies use to market on the web because it varies considerably.
How to buy Ford Focus insurance in Orlando, Florida
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps locate a lower rate than you're paying now.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$668||$564||$34||$168||$1,746||$146|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$636||$472||$28||$142||$1,546||$129|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,654||$138|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$462||$504||$30||$152||$1,318||$110|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$254||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,412||$118|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$252||$544||$452||$26||$136||$1,410||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can influence insurance rates noticeably.
Higher deductibles save money
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Ford Focus yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance in Florida serves several purposes
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Orlando, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Focus, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $750 every year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The Ford Focus Insurance Price Equation
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower premium levels.
The list below includes a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
What type of car do you drive? - The type of car or truck you need to insure makes a significant difference in your rates. Since the Ford Focus is classified as a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Orlando. Lower cost passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Accidents will cost you - Even one chargeable violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Does your vocation cost you more? - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, careers like professors, students and performers receive lower rates.
Never let your insurance policy lapse - Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida motor vehicle department.
Where you reside - Residing in small towns and rural areas has it's advantages when talking about insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents.
Premiums impacted by vehicle usage - The more miles you rack up on your Ford each year the more you will pay for insurance. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Focus may be costing you higher rates. It's always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
Insurance losses for a Ford Focus - Insurers use claims history to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford Focus vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Ford Focus Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Focus Electric||87||85||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with these discounts on Ford Focus insurance in Orlando
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get reduced rates.
- Payment Method - By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a home in Orlando can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of providers that offer discounts in Florida, click this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Florida?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Shop around and save
The cheapest Ford Focus insurance in Orlando is available both online and with local Orlando insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When you buy Orlando car insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read some good ideas how to lower your Ford Focus insurance premium rates in Orlando. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Students in Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much are Florida Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Hialeah, Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Florida? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)