Online price comparisons for inexpensive Toyota Prius insurance in Orlando can seem difficult if you have never used online price comparisons. Don't let that stop you because there is an easy way to compare rates for Toyota Prius insurance in Orlando.
It's hard to fathom, but almost 70% of drivers in Florida have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in the United States can save about $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Choosing the best rates in Orlando seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas presented in this article. But Florida car owners must know the methods companies use to set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Orlando Prius insurance quotes over the internet, so it's recommended that you also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific Orlando garaging location which can alter premiums greatly.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Orlando
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Prius insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims influence Toyota Prius premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Don't overlook these Toyota Prius insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list every disount available very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Orlando auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Auto insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Orlando. If you would like to view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Orlando, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Orlando insurance agencies?
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Orlando who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you instantly. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Orlando should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which family members are covered?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
When researching a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which can be an advantage. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Orlando exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Marylou Davis - State Farm Insurance Agent
6200 Metrowest Blvd #103 - Orlando, FL 32835 - (407) 857-0400 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Luis T. Martell
7800 W Sand Lake Rd #201 - Orlando, FL 32819 - (407) 522-9293 - View Map
- Jim Daniels - State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd - Orlando, FL 32812 - (407) 855-6791 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you should always get some free quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Orlando who can help you get price quote information.
- J Short Insurance Agency
2901 Curry Ford Rd #212 - Orlando, FL 32806 - (407) 849-9000 - View Map
- Budget Insurance Agency
5574 N Orange Blossom Trail - Orlando, FL 32808 - (321) 270-6385 - View Map
- Caple Howden Insurance Agency
10222 E Colonial Dr - Orlando, FL 32817 - (407) 657-8808 - View Map
If you get good feedback to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you've probably found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
Four Things That Determine Your Insurance Costs
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Where do you drive? - The more you drive your Toyota in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Many insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based on their usage. Autos that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Prius can cost quite a bit. It's a good idea to make sure your policy correctly shows the correct usage.
- Discounts for multiple policies - Some companies will give discounts for people who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Does your employer raise your premiums? - Careers such as real estate brokers, architects and emergency personnel are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- With age comes responsibility - Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.Teenage drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Prius - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Models that the data shows to have higher losses will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Toyota Prius vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Prius Vehicles
Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Prius C Hybrid 113 100 87 120 121 113 Toyota Prius Hybrid 101 97 98 103 118 103 Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid 98 89 87 106 114 93 Toyota Prius V Hybrid 94 86 88 88 94 97
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to insure your Toyota vehicle
Despite the high cost, car insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota Prius has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Toyota gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Florida is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
The cheapest Toyota Prius insurance in Orlando is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for Toyota Prius insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions or even policy cancellation. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Miami, Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Florida Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Miramar, FL? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Davie, Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much are Florida Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)