Beginners to buying insurance coverage online will find purchasing the cheapest Honda Accord insurance in Orlando is very challenging.
Regrettably, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in the United States could save themselves nearly $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won't spend time to find cheaper insurance rates.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons before your next renewal because insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Honda Accord insurance in Orlando last year other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Accord insurance online but I'm going to show you some tested techniques to find cheap insurance in Orlando.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the concepts you're about to learn. We hope to instruct you on the best ways to compare prices and how to save the most money. Nevertheless, Florida vehicle owners must know how companies market on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Honda Accord Insurance
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Do you have a demanding occupation? - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like fire fighters, architects and stock brokers are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Premiums impacted by your city - Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- How old are your drivers? - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Car insurance liability limits - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if ever a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Does auto insurance cost less for women? - Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Higher coverage deductibles cost less - Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Honda. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Honda Accord historical loss data - Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda Accord vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Honda Accord Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord 91 85 90 122 117 94 Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from many car insurance companies in Florida. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to get quotes online. Keep in mind that comparing more quotes increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Orlando, FL. To find the best auto insurance in Florida, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$550||$478||$28||$144||$1,512||$126|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$238||$340||$20||$102||$836||$70|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$406||$460||$28||$138||$1,252||$104|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$452||$340||$20||$102||$1,158||$97|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$442||$478||$28||$144||$1,346||$112|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$342||$464||$28||$140||$1,200||$100|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$326||$702||$486||$28||$146||$1,688||$141|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$248||$532||$444||$26||$132||$1,382||$115|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$250||$496||$636||$38||$190||$1,610||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in Orlando location which can modify premium rates significantly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can change Honda Accord annual premium costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Respected companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run ads on television and other media. All the ads try to convey promises that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch your insurance coverage to their company. How is it possible that every company can make the same claim? This is the trick they use.
All companies quote their cheapest rates for the driver that will be a good risk. A good example of a profitable risk profile might have to be between 25 and 40, has never had a policy lapse, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any person who fits those characteristics will get low prices and will probably save a lot on Orlando Honda Accord insurance if they switch.
Consumers who don't measure up to those criteria may be forced to pay a more expensive rate and the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much money. That's the way insurance companies can make those claims.
Because of this risk profiling, you should get as many free Orlando car insurance quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will provide you with the cheapest Honda Accord insurance in Orlando.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Accord in Orlando, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Honda Accord has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your Honda but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't list all possible discounts very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Orlando car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Orlando could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Orlando car insurance quotes online.
It's important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
To view providers who offer free Honda Accord insurance quotes in Florida, click here.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important especially in Orlando.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Below are Orlando independent agencies who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Universal Insurance Agency
1548 S Semoran Blvd - Orlando, FL 32807 - (407) 898-1116 - View Map
- J Meyers Insurance Agency
5003 Old Cheney Hwy - Orlando, FL 32807 - (407) 273-0230 - View Map
- Brightway Insurance, The Ourso Agency
4100 Edgewater Dr - Orlando, FL 32804 - (407) 901-0040 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Orlando that can give you rate quotes.
- Alfredo Ortega - State Farm Insurance Agent
1118 Manor Dr - Orlando, FL 32807 - (407) 249-9999 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Domingo Bravo
9330 Narcoossee Rd - Orlando, FL 32827 - (407) 281-6300 - View Map
- Leigh DelVesco - State Farm Insurance Agent
3806 Edgewater Dr - Orlando, FL 32804 - (407) 290-8544 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Orlando should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Smart consumers save more
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim or extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More affordable auto insurance in Orlando is definitely available on the web in addition to many Orlando insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
You just read many ideas to compare Honda Accord insurance rates in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is available at the links below
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Florida? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)