Do you want to learn how to find more affordable Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Orlando? Are you a victim of an expensive insurance policy? Trust us, many Orlando consumers are in the same pinch.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of consumers in Florida have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. American consumers could pocket about 47% a year, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Due to the large number of companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Volkswagen Jetta in Orlando, it can be hard to locate the best insurer.
The Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Premium Equation
Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Prevent theft and save - Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help stop vehicle theft.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money - Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Volkswagen Jetta scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Insurance rates for married couples - Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on auto insurance. It translates into being more responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- High physical damage deductibles reduce premiums - Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Responsible drivers pay lower prices - Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Always have auto insurance - Letting your insurance expire will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Jetta - Companies analyze historical claim data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have higher losses will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as how much you drive, your education level, any included safety features, and deductibles desired. Your rating data is sent automatically to multiple companies and they return rate quotes instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Florida. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$352||$746||$504||$30||$152||$1,784||$149|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$154||$284||$334||$20||$100||$892||$74|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$668||$472||$28||$142||$1,618||$135|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$356||$736||$504||$30||$152||$1,778||$148|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$280||$532||$334||$20||$100||$1,266||$106|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$368||$702||$430||$26||$128||$1,654||$138|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$506||$426||$26||$128||$1,372||$114|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$194||$394||$400||$24||$120||$1,132||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Car insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise that drivers will save a bundle if you change your policy. How is it possible that every company can offer drivers better rates? This is how they do it.
Companies have underwriting criteria for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. An example of a driver they prefer may be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and has a high credit rating. Any customer that meets those criteria will most likely get cheap rates and will also save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher rates and this can result in the customer not purchasing. The ad wording is "drivers that switch" not "all people who quote" save that much. That's the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will have the best auto insurance rates at this point in time.
Why you need Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Florida
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Jetta insurance, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Florida is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Orlando insurance discounts for a Volkswagen Jetta
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- New Car Discount - Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Orlando auto insurance quote.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Comparing quotes from local Orlando car insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Orlando.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Orlando auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When researching a local insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Orlando that may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
Joyce Weber Enterprises Inc - Aflac Insurance Agent
7802 Kings Pointe Parkway, Suite 208A - Orlando, FL 32819 - (407) 903-0503 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Orlando that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Orlando, get answers to these questions.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Orlando?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
You can lower your insurance rates
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-conscious Volkswagen Jetta insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Palm Bay, FL? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Florida? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Lakeland, Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much are Florida Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Miami Beach, Florida? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)