Would you like to buy low-cost auto insurance rates in Daytona Beach, FL? Online price comparisons for the cheapest Daytona Beach auto insurance may seem to be difficult if you have never taken advantage of price quotes online. But don't throw in the towel because we're going to show you how.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of Florida drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. consumers could save an average of about 47% each year just by shopping around, but they don't know the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rate on auto insurance a year ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to find great coverage at a great price.
Companies offering low-cost rate quotes in Daytona Beach, FL
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Florida. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,728||$864||$144|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,730||$865||$144|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,700||$850||$142|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,186||$593||$99|
|GMC Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$970||$485||$81|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,382||$691||$115|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,362||$681||$114|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,380||$690||$115|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,162||$581||$97|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify insurance rates noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The diagram below examines Chevrolet Silverado premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Silverado claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below visualizes the comparison of car insurance costs for male and female drivers in Daytona Beach. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied on a Toyota Corolla XRS.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about before being credited.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Buy New and Save - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Accident Free - Daytona Beach drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, automatic seat belts, student driver, driver training, defensive driver, and theft prevention.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide discounts include business or organization, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and good student.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Switch & Save, paid-in-full, multi-policy, emergency road assistance, online quote, and renters.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, bundle, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how you can save money. Some credits might not apply in Daytona Beach. For a list of car insurance companies that offer discounts in Daytona Beach, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Daytona Beach car insurance agents?
Some consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is especially important in Daytona Beach.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Daytona Beach who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a good Daytona Beach insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Daytona Beach agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Choosing a car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
If you receive good responses to your questions and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Big name companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads in print and on television. All the ads convey the message that you'll save big just by moving your policy. How does every insurance company charge you a lower premium? This is the way they can do it.
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. A good example of a driver they prefer might be described as over the age of 35, owns a home, and drives a safe vehicle. Anyone who matches that profile will get a cheap rate quote in Daytona Beach and have a good chance to save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who fall outside this ideal profile will see a higher premium which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. The trick is to say "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much. That's the way insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of this risk profiling, you really should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to predict which insurance company will give you lower car insurance rates than your current company.
You can lower your car insurance rates
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on car insurance in Daytona Beach. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or questionable increases in premium. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.