Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Toyota 4Runner in Florida can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we're going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Toyota and locate the lowest possible price from Orlando insurance agents and online providers.
Best companies for affordable Toyota 4Runner insurance in Florida
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Orlando, FL. To find cheap car insurance in FL, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|4Runner Sport 2WD||$218||$276||$362||$22||$108||$986||$82|
|4Runner SR/5 2WD||$414||$544||$464||$28||$140||$1,590||$133|
|4Runner Sport 4WD||$270||$402||$366||$22||$110||$1,170||$98|
|4Runner SR/5 4WD||$312||$538||$334||$20||$100||$1,304||$109|
|4Runner Trail Edition 4WD||$322||$594||$430||$26||$128||$1,500||$125|
|4Runner Limited 2WD||$438||$748||$362||$22||$108||$1,678||$140|
|4Runner Limited 4WD||$348||$660||$400||$24||$120||$1,552||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in Orlando location which can modify price quotes considerably.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Toyota 4Runner auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Florida minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Toyota 4Runner claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Impact of speeding/accidents on car insurance rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Toyota 4Runner car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Four factors that impact insurance rates
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. It's important that you understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
Proper usage rating affects costs - The more you drive every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage based on their usage. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your 4Runner is just wasting money. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
Your location is a factor - Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Extra coverages that aren't used - There are many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your 4Runner policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
High credit scores save money - Credit rating factor in determining premium rates. If your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Toyota 4Runner by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
Insurance losses for a Toyota 4Runner - Insurers use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Toyota 4Runner vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota 4Runner Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota 4Runner 4dr 2WD||75||92||83||76||66||75|
|Toyota 4Runner 4dr 4WD||78||88||110||67||59||74|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Toyota 4Runner insurance in Orlando?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but some must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you're not getting every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new 4Runner can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow their company to spy on driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class in high school.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, renewal discount, multi-policy, youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has savings for driver's education, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, EZ pay plan discount, early signing, good payer, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-policy, good student, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, and defensive driver.
When getting free Orlando auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Orlando.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent. Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Orlando that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Orlando?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How are claims handled?
Types of car insurance agents
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can write auto insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the differences because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Orlando exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Luis T. Martell
7800 W Sand Lake Rd #201 - Orlando, FL 32819 - (407) 522-9293 - View Map
- Marylou Davis - State Farm Insurance Agent
6200 Metrowest Blvd #103 - Orlando, FL 32835 - (407) 857-0400 - View Map
- Rick Fowler - State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 Corrine Dr - Orlando, FL 32803 - (407) 897-8100 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, it's a good idea to compare prices from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which may provide better rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Orlando that can give you price quotes.
- All Insurance Able
2319 S Goldenrod Rd - Orlando, FL 32822 - (407) 243-9700 - View Map
- worldwide insurance agency
4697 Rose Coral Dr #7 - Orlando, FL 32808 - (407) 616-7894 - View Map
- Bud Redditt Insurance Agency Inc
1716 W Colonial Dr - Orlando, FL 32804 - (407) 855-6797 - View Map
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When shopping online for insurance, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper insurance in Orlando is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so get free Orlando auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for Toyota 4Runner insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Single Moms in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much is Florida Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Miramar, FL? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Jacksonville, Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Tallahassee, Florida? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)