Expensive insurance in Sebastian can drain your bank account and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Price shopping at each renewal can be a smart way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Sebastian consumers could pocket roughly 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to take the time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes. Big-name insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best price on insurance a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to teach you how to quote online to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want cheaper coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest insurance in Sebastian can really be easy if you know what you're doing. Smart shoppers just have to understand the most time-saving way to compare rate quotes from many different companies.
Slash rates with these premium slashing discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Sebastian auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Distant Student Discount - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Sebastian and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Accident Waiver - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just owning your own home can get you a discount because it requires personal responsibility.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, good student, multi-policy, professional/association, and low natural disaster claims.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, seat belt use, air bags, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To view insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Getting more affordable car insurance pricing can be quick and easy. You just have to spend a little time comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
It's so easy to compare quotes online that it replaces the need to physically go to and from local Sebastian insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional advice only provided by licensed Sebastian agents. You can, however, compare the best prices online and have a local Sebastian agent actually service the policy.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Sebastian, FL. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,732||$866||$144|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$1,728||$864||$144|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,592||$796||$133|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,212||$606||$101|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,580||$790||$132|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,624||$812||$135|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,022||$511||$85|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,580||$790||$132|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,022||$511||$85|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,296||$648||$108|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,022||$511||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can affect auto insurance rates substantially.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The chart below examines Kia Optima car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact formula of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Kia Optima settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance deductibles
One common question asked by Sebastian drivers is which comprehensive and collision deductibles to buy. The rates below may help to conceptualize how much more you'll pay when you select higher and lower comp and collision deductibles. The first data table uses a $100 deductible and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$648||$418||$24||$124||$1,551||$129|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$648||$418||$24||$124||$1,551||$129|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$764||$418||$24||$124||$1,667||$139|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$764||$418||$24||$124||$1,667||$139|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$358||$764||$472||$28||$142||$1,789||$149|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$358||$764||$472||$28||$142||$1,789||$149|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$438||$418||$24||$124||$1,232||$103|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$438||$418||$24||$124||$1,232||$103|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$516||$472||$28||$142||$1,420||$118|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$516||$472||$28||$142||$1,420||$118|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can revise price quotes noticeably.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $100 deductible could cost the average driver approximately $29 more each month or $348 every year than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $400 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you go at a minimum 14 months between claims, you would come out ahead if you decide on a higher deductible. The table below shows the way you can make your own decision.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$139|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $110|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$29|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $29|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||14 months|
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
When you buy Sebastian auto insurance online, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Sebastian can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is available at the links below
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Tampa, Florida? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Lakeland, Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Florida? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)