Have you had enough of wondering where the money will come from to pay your insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as many other people in Florida.
It's hard to believe, but almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Florida being $2,158, drivers can save almost $1,126 each year just by comparing rates, but they think it's difficult to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage on a regular basis since prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on insurance a few years ago you can probably find a better rate now. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance out there, but I'm going to show you a lot of great tips on how to quit paying high insurance rates in Deerfield Beach.
Most larger insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get coverage price quotes direct online. Doing online quotes is possible for anyone because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system sends out for your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors. Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's very important to do this if you want to find cheap rates.
If you want to compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you copy the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you are getting a price comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Florida. To find the best cheap car insurance in Florida, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$1,238||$619||$103|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,462||$731||$122|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,700||$850||$142|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,608||$804||$134|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,184||$592||$99|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,750||$875||$146|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$990||$495||$83|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,408||$704||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can influence premium rates substantially.
Car insurance prices based on gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between auto insurance rates for male and female drivers in Deerfield Beach. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Kia Optima EX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents can affect Ford Fusion insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cheaper rates with these money saving discounts
Companies don't always list all discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for all your vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow their car insurance company to track their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may include most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To choose insurers who offer discounts in Deerfield Beach, click this link.
Buying insurance from Deerfield Beach insurance agencies
Many drivers would rather buy from a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Deerfield Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Deerfield Beach who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Deciding on an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Deerfield Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as affordable Deerfield Beach car insurance quotes, you've probably found an insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide insurance. It's important to know that you can cancel your policy at any point so never assume that you are obligated to a policy with no way out.
Car insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Is pet coverage available?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What is GAP insurance?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Five things that affect insurance rates
It's important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels. Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
With age comes lower prices - Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.Teen drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse - Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Marriage is a good thing - Being married actually saves money on auto insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper insurance - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your car, truck, or SUV has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Employer stress can affect premiums - Jobs such as real estate brokers, executives and financial analysts tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like professors, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cover all your bases
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper coverage online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheap Deerfield Beach car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Cheaper car insurance in Deerfield Beach is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Deerfield Beach agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Florida? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Tucson in Florida? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)