How many years has it been since you compared the cheapest car insurance rates in Jacksonville, FL? Jacksonville buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Chevy Silverado insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a Chevy and find the lowest possible price.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, use these techniques to save money and possibly find even better coverage. Our goal is to help educate you on the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and also save some money in the process Smart buyers just need to learn the best way to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
Eight discounts for cheap car insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Jacksonville car insurance online.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used Silverado can save you some money since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their company to track driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver's Education for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Resident Student - Older children living away from Jacksonville attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few companies that have these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers with significant discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Finding Chevy Silverado insurance in Jacksonville
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$260||$360||$618||$36||$184||$1,458||$122|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$356||$532||$546||$32||$164||$1,630||$136|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$278||$532||$532||$32||$160||$1,534||$128|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$156||$290||$452||$26||$136||$1,060||$88|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$256||$504||$504||$30||$152||$1,446||$121|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$226||$430||$438||$26||$132||$1,252||$104|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$182||$314||$486||$28||$146||$1,156||$96|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$348||$636||$480||$28||$144||$1,636||$136|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$194||$414||$472||$28||$142||$1,250||$104|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$474||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$194||$414||$472||$28||$142||$1,250||$104|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$450||$940||$636||$38||$190||$2,254||$188|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$316||$650||$452||$26||$136||$1,580||$132|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$348||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,692||$141|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$220||$462||$570||$34||$170||$1,456||$121|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$370||$430||$26||$128||$1,158||$97|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$284||$626||$400||$24||$120||$1,454||$121|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$348||$730||$392||$24||$118||$1,612||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in Jacksonville location which can raise or lower coverage prices greatly.
How high should deductibles be?
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Chevrolet Silverado insurance prices for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance is available from agents near you
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Jacksonville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to companies in Jacksonville who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Different types of car insurance agents in Jacksonville
When finding a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agents in Jacksonville may be either independent or exclusive. Either can provide insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with companies you've never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Jacksonville independent insurance agents who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 771-6400 - View Map
- First Network Insurance Agency
6180 Fort Caroline Rd #3 - Jacksonville, FL 32277 - (904) 743-3492 - View Map
- Zellner Insurance Agency
4114 Sunbeam Rd #101 - Jacksonville, FL 32257 - (904) 356-1492 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville that are able to give price quotes.
- Connie Doyle State Farm Insurance Agency
14158 Marsh Woods Ct - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 223-0035 - View Map
- Ray Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 751-6643 - View Map
- Michael Nickas - State Farm Insurance Agent
10920 Baymeadows Rd #7 - Jacksonville, FL 32256 - (904) 777-6888 - View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Once you have positive responses to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can provide insurance coverage.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Jacksonville, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, almost every bank will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, damage from flooding, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Silverado.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 10/20/10 that translate to $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $20,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, repair bills for other people's vehicles, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
This covers damage to your Silverado caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Silverado to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like surgery, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, dental work and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Persistence pays off
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, high prices and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Chevy Silverado insurance rates online in Jacksonville. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Jacksonville car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When you buy Jacksonville car insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Tallahassee, Florida? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)