How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for lower-priced insurance rates in Cutler Bay, FL? Cutler Bay shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced car insurance. They can either spend hours driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a and find the lowest price from both online companies and Cutler Bay agents.
We hope to teach you a little about the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Consumers just need to understand the most time-saving way to shop from many different companies.
The method we recommend to compare policy rates is to know the fact car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including if you have an active license, driver ages, your occupation, and if a SR-22 is needed. That rating information is instantly sent to all major companies and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,248||$624||$104|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,700||$850||$142|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,092||$546||$91|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,412||$706||$118|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,206||$603||$101|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,692||$846||$141|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,670||$835||$139|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,136||$568||$95|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,544||$772||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter insurance rates greatly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Toyota Camry insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cost of full coverage in Cutler Bay
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Malibu car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no written rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Malibu book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age in Cutler Bay
The example below illustrates the comparison of auto insurance costs for male and female drivers in Cutler Bay. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Ford Focus SE.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Cutler Bay, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why smart buyers get better rates in Cutler Bay
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
- Deter theft and reduce premiums - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
- Costs and your address - Residing in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates. Drivers in populated Florida areas have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
- You might want pay the minor car insurance claims yourself - Insurance companies in Florida give lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Performance impacts premiums - The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Demanding occupation may mean higher prices - Occupational choices like lawyers, airline pilots, and dentists usually pay higher rates than average in part from job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, students and retirees get better rates.
- Drive less and save - The more you drive your car in a year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance policy is showing the right rating data.
- Tickets cost more than a fine - Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Having just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise substantially. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have received flagrant tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Cheap Cutler Bay insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Cutler Bay auto insurance quote.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Memberships - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids living away from Cutler Bay attending college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child take driver's ed class in high school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will bring down your policy premiums.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, and driver's education.
- American Family discounts include TimeAway discount, air bags, early bird, multi-vehicle, and accident-free.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, daytime running lights, multi-policy, air bags, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include early bird, anti-lock brakes, student driver, homeowners, driver training, and 55 and older.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Cutler Bay auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Affordable insurance is out there
The cheapest insurance in Cutler Bay can be found both online in addition to many Cutler Bay insurance agents, so get free Cutler Bay auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, denial of a claim, poor customer service and even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is easier than you think.
More learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes in Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Miami Gardens, FL? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Florida Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Coral Springs, FL? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)