Searching for the cheapest insurance for your car in Florida can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your and find the cheapest rates.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on auto insurance six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate how to use online quotes to find great coverage at a great price.
Affordable companies for Ocoee auto insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Ocoee, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,338||$669||$112|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,414||$707||$118|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$1,312||$656||$109|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,730||$865||$144|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Ford Explorer Limited 4WD||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,652||$826||$138|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,374||$687||$115|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,440||$720||$120|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,480||$740||$123|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,534||$767||$128|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,660||$830||$138|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,690||$845||$141|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,266||$633||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can revise prices noticeably.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of Kia Optima yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Florida. Data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive guideline of when to phase out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Kia Optima settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
How your Ocoee premiums are determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels. Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Good drivers pay less - Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten flagrant citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Pleasure use or commuting - The higher the miles on your car in a year's time the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy reflects the correct usage.
Discounts for multiple policies - Most major auto insurance companies will award better rates for people who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
Use but don't abuse your insurance - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Florida generally give discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
High premiums for teen drivers - Teenage drivers in Florida are proven to be more careless in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a young driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
Only buy what you need - There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas initially, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Always keep your auto insurance policy in place - Driving without insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Florida DMV.
Insurance rates in urban areas - Residing in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Discount Ocoee car insurance quotes
Some providers don't always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Ocoee auto insurance online.
- College Student - Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Sign Early and Save - A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to track their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-theft System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Ocoee auto insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Travelers may have discounts that include hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, IntelliDrive, good student, and payment discounts.
- 21st Century has discounts for early bird, defensive driver, good student, student driver, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, driver's education, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, accident prevention training, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
If you need cheaper Ocoee auto insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. To see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Ocoee, follow this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is pet coverage available?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
More effort can pay off
Cheaper car insurance in Ocoee can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Ocoee agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
You just read many ways to compare car insurance rates in Ocoee. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Ocoee auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Port St. Lucie, FL? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Florida Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)